No Such Thing

Stop standing in the middle of the highway! Think for yourself and get out of the path of that oncoming semi. Waking up to reality can be painful.

Saturday, October 15, 2005

Dad in the hospital

Yesterday I got a call at work just as I was going on my lunch break. My Mom was frantic, Dad fell off a 6 foot ladder at work and was being rushed to the hospital. My boss told me just go, she would cover the desk for the rest of the day. I beat my Mom and the abulance (or at least the patient registration in the computer) to the hosptial. It was bad. He fractured his skull and had an irregular heartbeat. The doctors don't know if the heart problem was caused by the fall, or if it caused him to fall.
By the time I went home from the hospital that night I was a worn-out wreck. I can keep my calm while it is needed, but that is hard to keep up for more than 8 hours. My husband met me and drove me home, thank goodness. On the way another car cut us off. I usually get an adrenaline rush from near misses that makes my hands tingle, but there was nothing left. I barely even reacted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home